Call for Applications: Helping Teachers Teach Mathematics Conference – HTTMC 2023
The objective of AIMS Ghana as a UNESCO Category II Centre of Excellence is to provide training and professional development in the Mathematical Sciences for high school teachers across Africa. In line with this, AIMS Ghana with the Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (CEMC) at the University of Waterloo, Canada, is organizing a conference dubbed “Helping Teachers Teach Mathematics Conference (HTTMC)”
The goal of the conference is to expose current teachers of Mathematics and Computing to new ways of teaching and applying modern mathematics. Most talks at the conference include tasks that will be directly applicable to daily classroom teaching. The conference will also challenge the teachers to brainstorm creative and dynamic ways of transmitting their knowledge to students.
The AIMS Ghana CEMC Helping Teachers Teach Mathematics Conference (HTTMC) will be held from January 10-12, 2023. This blended (online/in-person) conference for Mathematics teachers provides a platform to connect and share ideas. The Helping Teachers Teach Mathematics Conference (HTTMC) is to help bring educators together to share their knowledge and expertise, help build new connections and tap into a renewed enthusiasm for mathematics and computing.
- Ian VanderBurgh, University of Waterloo, CEMC
- David Petro, Ontario Association for Mathematics Education (OAME), Past President
- Michaell Frankfort, York Region District School Board (YRDSB)
- Sheri Hill, Craig Kielburger Secondary School
- Lindsay Parchimowicz, Craig Kielburger Secondary School
- Jason Van Rooyen, White Oaks S.S. in Oakville, Halton District School Board
- Marcel TeBokkel, York Region District School Board (YRDSB)
- Samuel Asiedu-Addo, University of Education, Winneba
- Sarah Chan, University of Waterloo, CEMC
- Chisara P. Ogbogbo, University of Ghana, Legon
- Gerard Lewis, Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Catherine Ionno, Toronto Catholic District School Board
- David Stern, Innovations in Development, Education and the Mathematical Sciences (IDEMS) International
Thanks to the sponsorship of Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (CEMC) at the University of Waterloo, Canada and AIMS Ghana, there are no registration fees for all teachers who will be participating.
Applicants must be Mathematics teachers at the junior or senior high school level ie. grades 7-12 who will be available to participate either online/ in-person within the period.
- Comfort Mintah, University of Waterloo, CEMC
- Prince K. Osei, AIMS Ghana
- Rob Gleeson, University of Waterloo, CEMC
For more information, kindly send an email to organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should have your full name and the abbreviations of the conference: HTTMC as shown in the example: Kwesi.Ofori.HTTMC2023.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23rd December 2022