Are you having a hard time coming up with appropriate comments for your students’ report cards? Check out these helpful suggestions to find just the right one!
1. Listens and follows directions well
2. Expresses ideas clearly
3. Does neat, thorough work
4. Seeks information independently
5. Completes activities in a timely manner
6. Occupies his/her time constructively
7. Communicates well with students and teacher
8. Works well in group settings and makes many contributions to the group
9. Follows directions well, and is self-sufficient within the classroom
10. Is extremely motivated, and always puts his/her best effort into classroom assignments
11. Takes direction well and instantly applies them to his/her ______ skills
12. Understands the concept of…
13. Has a good knowledge of…
14. Demonstrates superior work in…
15. Is able to successfully…
Improvement and Growth
1. Has demonstrated very good progress this year
2. Has matured nicely this year, both academically and socially
3. Is learning how to be a better listener, and takes direction well
4. Has worked very hard this year, and has made strong gains in the area of ______
5. Has shown great improvement with __________
6. Is progressing nicely, and shows constant improvement in many areas of schoolwork
7. Is becoming more self-reliant during independent work periods
8. Is learning to be cooperative when working in groups
9. Is developing more positive ways to interact with others
10. Is listening to directions more carefully
11. Work habits have shown improvement.
12. Is showing good growth in all areas, especially in…
13. Has continued to make steady progress with…
14. Has shown noticeable improvement in…
15. Is developing consistent work habits, such as …
1. Requires guidance to remain focused and complete tasks
2. Needs encouragement to work more independently
3. Requires constant supervision and direct assistance with his/her assignments
4. Tends to work too quickly, which often results in careless mistakes and poor written work
5. Needs to listen to directions more carefully
6. Works best in one-on-one situations
7. Needs to be encouraged to work more slowly and accurately
8. Is easily distracted in school and needs to improve in his/her work habits
9. ______’s attitude toward schoolwork is inconsistent, and continues to need guidance and encouragement.
10. Looks to others for help
11. Is excelling in most of his/her _____ skills, but needs to begin concentrating on the following skills…
12. Although there has been some improvement in _____, he/she still has difficulty with…
13. Tries to do his/her best, however the work is difficult for him/her
14. Has difficulty with …
15. Could benefit from…
1. Has a good attitude towards work, and always hands in assignments on time
2. Displays an excellent attitude toward learning
3. Is a responsible and considerate classmate
4. Is respectful to other students and takes turn talking
5. Is eager to learn
6. Is well-liked by peers
7. Takes pride in his/her work
8. Responds well to direction, and applies this correction to his/her work and social habits
9. Enjoys participating in conversation and discussions
10. ______’s attitude is improving, and he/she is always happy to participate in class discussions.
11. Has a good work ethic, however, he/she often talks at inappropriate times
12. Needs guidance cooperating and interacting with peers
1. ______ could benefit from reading library books this summer.
2. ______ is a wonderful student, and I’m happy to have had him/her in my class.
3. With his/her friendly, cooperative attitude, he/she will always be a pleasant addition to
4. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance at home with _______.
5. I enjoyed having _____ in my class.
1. … is an enthusiastic learner who seems to enjoy school.
2. ….sets an example of excellence in behaviour and cooperation.
3. … appears well rested and ready for each day’s activities.
4. … shows enthusiasm for classroom activities.
5. … shows initiative and looks for new ways to get involved.
6. …uses instincts to deal with matters independently and in a positive way.
7. …strives to reach their full potential.
8. … is committed to doing their best.
9. … seeks new challenges.
10. … takes responsibility for their learning.
11. … cooperates consistently with the teacher and other students.
12. …. transitions easily between classroom activities without distraction.
13. … is courteous and shows good manners in the classroom.
14. … follows classroom rules.
15. … conducts *self with maturity.
16. … responds appropriately when corrected.
17. … remains focused on the activity at hand.
18. … resists the urge to be distracted by other students.
19. … is kind and helpful to everyone in the classroom.
20. … sets an example of excellence in behaviour and cooperation.
21. … shows respect for teachers and peers.
22. … treats school property and the belongings of others with care and respect.
23. …. is honest and trustworthy in dealings with others.
24. … displays good citizenship by assisting other students.
25. … joins in school community projects.
26. … is concerned about the feelings of peers.
27. … takes & classroom jobs seriously and demonstrates responsibility when completing them.
28. … is considerate when interacting with & teachers.
29. … demonstrates & manners on a daily basis and is always respectful
30. … is always enthusiastic when completing his/her work
31. … is patient and kind when working with his/her peers who need extra assistance.
32. … is very hardworking and always completes all of his/her work.
33. … is exceptionally organized and takes care of his/her things.
34. … is agreeable and polite when working with others.
35. …. can always be counted on to cooperate with his/her peers.
36. … does not give up when facing a task that is difficult and always does his/her best.
1. … is a conscientious, hard-working student.
2. …works independently.
3. … is a self-motivated student.
4. …consistently completes homework assignments.
5. … puts forth their best effort into homework assignments.
6. … exceeds expectations with the quality of their work.
7. … readily grasps new concepts and ideas.
8. … generates neat and careful work.
9. … checks work thoroughly before submitting it.
10. … stays on task with little supervision.
11. … displays self-discipline.
12. … avoids careless errors through attention to detail.
13. … uses free minutes of class time constructively.
14. … creates impressive home projects.
15. …offers constructive suggestions to peers to enhance their work.
16. …accepts the recommendations of peers and acts on them when appropriate.
17. …is sensitive to the thoughts and opinions of others in the group.
18. … takes on various roles in the work group as needed or assigned.
19. …shows fairness in distributing group tasks.
20. …plans and carries out group activities carefully.
21. … helps to keep the work group focused and on task.
22. … encourages other members of the group.
23. … listens attentively to the responses of others.
24. … follows directions.
25. … takes an active role in discussions.
26. …enhances group discussion through insightful comments.
27. … shares personal experiences and opinions with peers.
28. … responds to what has been read or discussed in class and as homework.
29. … asks for clarification when needed.
30. .. regularly volunteers to assist in classroom activities.
31… remains an active learner throughout the school daySKILLS COMMENTS
1. …makes friends quickly in the classroom.
2. … is well-liked by classmates.
3. …handles disagreements with peers appropriately.
4. … treats other students with fairness and understanding.
5. … is a valued member of the class.
6. … has compassion for peers and others.
7. … seems comfortable in new situations.
8. … enjoys conversation with friends during free periods.
9. … chooses to spend free time with friends.
INTEREST AND TALENTS
10. … has a well-developed sense of humour.
11. … holds many varied interests.
12. … has a keen interest that has been shared with the class.
13. … displays and talks about personal items from home when they relate to topics of study.
14. … provides background knowledge about topics of particular interest to them.
15. …has an impressive understanding and depth of knowledge about their interests.
16. … seeks additional information independently about classroom topics that pique interest.
17. …reads extensively for enjoyment.
18. … frequently discusses concepts about which they have read.
19. …is a gifted performer.
20. … is a talented artist.
21. … has a flair for dramatic reading and acting.
22. …enjoys sharing their musical talent with the class.
23. … tackles classroom assignments, tasks, and group work in an organized manner.
24. … uses class time wisely.
25. … arrives on time for school (and/or class) every day.
26. … is well-prepared for class each day.
27. .. completes assignments in the time allotted.
28. … works at an appropriate pace, neither too quickly or slowly.
29. … sets achievable goals with respect to time.
30. … paces work on long-term assignments.
31. … completes make-up work in a timely fashion.COMMUNICATION SKILLS
32. … expresses ideas clearly, both verbally and through writing
33. … has a vibrant imagination and excels in creative writing.
34. …has found their voice through poetry writing.
35. … can make a logical and persuasive argument.
36. …listens to the comments and ideas of others without interrupting.
37. … has found their voice through poetry writing.
38. … uses vivid language in writing.
39. … writes clearly and with purpose.
40. … writes with depth and insight.
41. …listens to the comments and ideas of others without interrupting.
42. … can make a logical and persuasive argument.
Published by : Informed Teachers Network